This spec / talent build is for level 85 Mages and the 4.0.6 version of World of Warcraft
Fire has always been an excellent DPS spec, often being one that has the potential for the most hurt, but in 4.0.6, Arcane Mages nearly rivals its potential; Fire has the higher damage output while moving (this is quite useful in most encounters), while Arcane deals more damage when staying in one place. . Both are potent, but this spec/guide is going to be for Fire Mages specifically.
Go here for the Arcane spec/guide
This specific guide is a so called basic spec, mainly meant for new players (but more advanced ones can use it as well).
What are you waiting for?
[Looking for picture -
If you have a 4.0.6 Arcane PvE Mage, send us
its screenshot, and it might get posted here!]
- Stat Priority
- Spell Rotation
- Additional information
Fire DPS Talent Build / Spec (4.0.6)
The stats you should prioritize with this spec are the following:
Intellect > Hit* > Haste> Crit* > Mastery
*Hit (until cap)
*Critical Strike Rating
The Glyphs to be used with this spec are:
- Glyph of Fireball : Increases the critical strike chance of your Fireball spell by 5%.
- Glyph of Pyroblast : Increases the critical strike chance of your Pyroblast spell by 5%.
- Glyph of Molten Armor : Your Molten Armor spell grants an additional 2% spell critical strike chance.
- Glyph of Dragon's Breath : Reduces the cooldown of your Dragon's Breath by 3 sec.
- Glyph of Evocation : Your Evocation ability also causes you to regain 40% of your health over its duration.
- Glyph of Invisibility : Permanently teaches you this glyph. Increases your movement speed while Invisible by 40%.
- Glyph of Mirror Image : Your Mirror Images cast Arcane Blast or Fireball instead of Frostbolt depending on your primary talent tree.
- Glyph of Slow Fall : Your Slow Fall spell no longer requires a reagent.
- Glyph of Arcane Brilliance : Reduces the mana cost of your Arcane Brilliance spell by 50%.
The spell rotation to to be used with this spec is the following:
Mirror Image > Pyroblast > Flame Orb > Scorch (if no lock) > Fireball > Living Bomb > Fireball
- Mirror Image : [3min CD] - Creates copies of the caster nearby, which cast spells and attack the mage's enemies. Lasts 30 sec. Costs 10% of base mana.
The "hit cap" (for Mages) is about 6% for Heroic Dungeons and 17% for raid bosses. You should get 17% as soon as possible, as any less will decrease your damage done (especially with the long cast times).
The balance between haste and crit is one of the hardest things to manage when speccing a Fire Mage. If you have reached 25% haste, consider crit more important. If only 15%, consider crit to be as important.
"You should always try to make your specs reflect your gaming style and preference, even when you follow specs and guides."
This guide was provided to you by TheWoWcrafters