This spec / talent build is made for level 80 Druids and the 3.3.5(a) version of World of Warcraft
Restoration (often simplified as "resto") Druids are are of those class-specs that you will always want to have (at least one) in your raid groupes. The reason for this is their incredible Improved Tree of Life raid healing buff that increases the healing done to ALL raid members by 6%.
And even better, they do not only have good healing buffs, they are also excellent raid healers. Their fast instant cast Rejuvenations, Wild Growths, Lifeblooms and burst heals (Swiftmend/Nourish) makes healing look so easy, as they just jump around and /dance through boss encounters.
However, they do not make very good tank healers, but being the most versatile class, they can do that too.
Haven't leveled your Druid yet? No worries, go check out our
- Stat Priority
- Spell Rotation
Restoration Healing Talent Build / Spec (3.3.5)
[Not Haste Capped]
The "haste soft cap" for resto druid healers is 1192.36 haste rating, or about 36.36%. Achieving the haste soft cap is EXTREMELY important for a resto druid, as it decreases your Global Cooldown (GCD) to 1 second. The difference between a GCD of 1.5 seconds and a 1 second one is that in 15 seconds you will be able to cast 50% more spells (15-10=5).
You should definitively aim for haste when it comes to gear, and if it isn't enough, you should take haste+ talents to go with them. This specific spec as 3 talent points in Celestial Focus which increases your total spell haste by a total of 3%.
Haste (to soft cap) > Spellpower > Spirit > Crit* > Intellect > MP5
*Critical Strike Rating
However, if you're a fairly fresh level 80, you should prioritize your stats as the following instead: Spellpower + Enough regen (to get by) > Haste (to soft cap) > Spellpower > Spirit.
- Spellpower: This is our main stat (as a caster). You should prioritize it even though it will increase with gear. Spellpower increases the size of our heals.
- Haste: This stat is extremely important for us, as it lowers the GCB (up to) 1 second (with the soft cap). However, it is still useful even after reaching the soft cap, as it decreases the cast time of our non-instant cast spells. Read more
- Spirit: Spirit increases our mana regen and also gives us a small boost to our spellpower when in Tree of Life form (0.15 spellpower/1 spirit // 0.168 with Blessing of Kings and Improved Mark of the Wild + 0.194 with Living Spirit)
- Critical Strike Rating: 1% crit = 45.9 crit rating. Critical strike heals do 1.5 times the healing of non-crit heals. Despite that, it isn't a very desirable stat for resto druids, since it doesn't benefit us much without the 4pc T9 bonus (Rejuvenation ticks can crit) - if you are under the haste cap, avoid items with crit.
- Intellect: Intellect is rather un-useful for rdruids will come with gear, don't prioritise it.
- Mp5: You should rather aim for items with spirit than Mp5, simply because Spirit increases our spellpower while in Tree of Life form, while Mp5 doesn't. More importantly, Mp5 does not scale with buffs such as Blessing of the Kings.
As for PvP, there aren't really any "rotations" for healing. However, I have tried to give you some overview on how to heal in both dungeons and raids
In 5-man dungeons, just try to keep everyone HoT'd (at least with Rejuvenation/ + Regrowth for the tank) and cast Swiftmend, Nourish (only cast on people who have HoTs on them) and Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch as needed.
Lifebloom and Wild Growth are optional, but if you use them, use them wisely:
Only use Wild Growth when you know it will affect 3+ people.
Remember to let Lifebloom bloom after it has reached it's 3rd stack.
As a raid healer, all you have to do is jump a lot and cast Rejuvenation and Wild Growth in a 5 to 1 rotation (5 rejuvenations, 1 Wild Growth - repeat).
You can also use Lifebloom, Swiftmend, Nourish, Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch and Regrowth (you should use this as little as possible) as needed.
Do not use Tranquility in raids. It is not only (mostly) un-useful, but it will also make you look like a total fool.
There is no "ultimate spec" that would be the "best", but the overall best glyphs to use as a resto dudu are:
- Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation : Your haste now reduces the time between the periodic healing ticks of your Rejuvenation spell.
- Glyph of Swiftmend : Your Swiftmend ability no longer consumes a Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect from the target.
- Glyph of Nourish : Your Nourish heals an additional 6% for each of your heal over time effects present on the target.
This guide was provided to you by TheWoWcrafters